Monday, July 03, 2006

WILCO

wilco w. elliot brood
june 29, 2006
jubilee auditorium

gah...i wish i had words to describe the awesome of both wilco and elliott brood.

i will say this, jeff tweedy is amazing. broken foot and all. he is a man who has obviously come to terms with who he is and all the shit that the band has faced and he no longer needs ANY bullshit frontman rockstar posturing.

the best thing was that despite the abundance of long 'jams' it NEVER felt masturbatory. (not like ...trail of dead)

seriously, i just fucking loved wilco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i'm just a french wilco fan falling here I don't know exactly how... I guess you saw them on stage?
Obviously, it looks good. I heterosexually fucking love Wilco too.
Who is Elliot Brood? I know some some Wilco's parallel projects with Brags or Minus5 but him I don't know...
Where did you saw them? I'm not sure i'll can see them one day cos they perform a single date in Paris almost every 5 years so it's quite difficult...
Wow while reading my post I realize my english is quite approximative so I hope it is understandable... :-)
bye

michelle. said...

bonjour stefb.
yes, i did see wilco on stage. they played a show here last week.

elliot brood is a band from toronto that played before wilco. they were amazing as well.

thanks for stopping by!
your english is better than my french.

Anonymous said...

I ended up buying the Elliot Brood CDs at the show right after their set. Overall, a great concert!