Monday, July 11, 2005

freaks and geeks

just so we're all on the same page: i have 8 piercings and 4 tattoos. (this will be important in a second)

with sunday comes the obligatory family dinner. i thought perhaps i could skip it this week but i wasn't so lucky.

i should actually clarify. this family dinner consists of my sister and i travelling to the 'woods to visit my dad, his fiancee and her two kids. sometimes, like last night, we are blessed with the displeasure of being joined by our future step-grandmother. neither rachel nor i like her. she tries to tell us what to do and that is just un-fucking-cool. also, she is bad at playing cards because she's really impatient.

anyhow, not the point.

so last night (and thankfully before step-oma arrives) one of my future step-sisters sarah happens to notice my newest piercing.

sarah: oh wow! that must have hurt!

me: yep.

which immediately starts a barrage of "would it hurt to get x pierced" to which my answer is always "yes"-because idiots, it will and it will hurt a lot probably.

then, my dad informs all those sitting at the table that i also have a new tattoo. whether i want to or not i am now forced to show and tell all about the new tattoo.

dad: shit michelle, that must've hurt

michelle: no, it wasn't too bad actually.

which immediately starts a barrage of "would it hurt to get tattoo here? (gesture towards some body part)" to which my answer always "yes"-because idiots, it will and it will probably hurt a lot...oh, and you'll bleed too.

what? there's blood?!

what the fuck, of course there's blood...it's a cut!

anyhow, shit like this frustrates me to no end. i hate being treated like the freak at the table being bombarded with questions that have obvious answers or that i simply cannot answer ie: "how much will is cost for a tattoo *this* big"

shit kids, i'm just a person who happens to enjoy getting pierced and tattooed. it's not a fucking novelty and neither am i. you all know me well enough to know that i am pretty fucking normal, even how i look, and to treat me any differently is ridiculous.

by the time we actually started eating i was ready to hit someone, even my sister-who has a fucking tattoo and a pierced nose of her own!

xo michelle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Freak.



Just kidding.