Wednesday, July 27, 2005

protest song

so i am on my way to work this morning and i have to drive past the telus offices on 111avenue. so, i am driving along listening to rilo kiley and singing along at the top of my pop music loving voice when i see all these telus employees on strike.

now, i'm all for unions and for job action and all that jazz but those telus kids just make me laugh...there's this dude, all decked out in NICE clothes ready to spend the day sitting in a posh lawn chair along the side of the road when suddenly (and i'm parked at the lights so i see all this) he stands up and goes over to this pile of bags beside the row of chairs and whips out an acoustic guitar...AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR!

i laughed, thought of that one episode of the simpsons where lisa has braces and sings a protest song, and went on my way...

i get it, and i support it, but somehow the combination of telus, a boy with an acoustic guitar and designer army pants and 111ave just somehow don't jive with me...

whatever.

m.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Goddamn hippies, eh? I woulda just leaned out the window and yelled 'GET A JOB, LEECH!'.

To which he could have replied 'I HAVE ONE, BUT I THINK I'M LOCKED OUT, BUT WE'RE NOT SURE WE MIGHT BE ON STRIKE, SO TO BE SAFE I'M JUST GONNA NOT SHOW UP AND PLAY GUITAR INSTEAD'.

*i removed my previous post because I can't spell or make sense.