Thursday, July 28, 2005

tortoise

i still haven't quiet been able to properly articulate my feelings about this show yet. i've been working on it, trying to figure out how it truly affected my life. i mean it was life changing and stunning but i think it was more than that.

all i could come up with is this:

tortoise w. westfalia
july 24, 2005
starlite room, edmonton alberta

*note: what follows could be deemed as incredibly pretentious...if you view it as that, fuck you! seriously.

tortoise's performance has completely reconfigured my brain and my personal view on not only the place and importance of art but how it should be made. this show will now be the measuring post by which i judge all instances of artistic communication including my own work.

i am not sure how it will manifest itself in my work but every show i am involved in from this point will somehow draw on the influence of that show.

i wish i had more to say about how it will manifest or something but i just don't have the words. yes, it moved me to tears, i felt every note in every pore of my body...all of that. it was a completely visceral experience. life altering.

michelle's mind has been officially blown!

m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well thank you! that's very kind. i-... oh wait, you're talking about tortoise...